Re: Good cheap large caps?

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

The CDE 942C16P33K 0.33uF 1600v is pretty good
(CDE = Cornell Dubilier Electronics)

My current order from Richardson Electronics is USD$2.68/each for an order
of 27

This is the best $/nF/kv with very high pk I and dv/dt that I can find and I
believe it to be a MUCH better buy than Geek Caps 942C20P15K (2000v/0.15uF)
For the slightly smaller V rating and higher Ipk the extra few caps per
string are more than paid for by the DOUBLE capacitance size

Food for thought, If someone disagrees luv to hear from you with reasoning
Best to list
Ted L in NZ