PFC caps

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello

I am running my coil from a reconditioned NST.  It had to have windings
re-wound on the primary, and the core has some small gaps that i could not
fix.  So this means that it draws a bit too much current.  It was a 12000/30
unit.  I have removed 10 shunts from each pack of shunts(40 total).  The
transformer now draws 7.5+Amps, depending on operation(can raise to about
8A).  I am interested in power factoring.  I have a few main questions:

What size cap do i need?

Who is a good supplier?

Will PFCing reduce heating of the primary coil?(it gets rather warm)

Is there anything else im missing out on with this whole deal??

Thoughts and answers are welcome!

Steve Ward.