Re: What went wrong

Hi Dan,

Tesla list wrote:

<DNAForInfinity-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hello,
> So I simply add/subtract one cap at a time until I see output?

Sure. You can add/subtract C or tap the primary at different points to
add/subtract L.
Either will do.

> How much should I adjust the spark gap each time? which comes first in
tuning, the
> cap, the tap, or the gap?

Keep the spark gap spacing where it was to begin with. The spark gap is
adjusted to your
transformer voltage and that didn't change. Just tap the primary or change
C until you
begin getting output. Continue until you get your best output. Be aware the
bottle caps
may be lossy compared to your original cap and power to the streamers will
be less,
resulting in shorter streamers. Just get the best output with what you
have. Then start
designing an MMC.

Take care,
Bart