RE: Soldering Litz wire

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Litz wire seems to come in two varieties - with low-temperature solderable
insulation, and with conventional enamel insulation.  I'm dealing with the
latter, not solderable in solder pots regardless of fluxing agents.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Cougercat by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<felix1063-at-attbi-dot-com>

I have some Litz wire where when I want to strip it, I immurse the end in a
small glob of rosin core solder.  The insulation will melt or burn off, and
the solder will tin the strands together.

--jeff