RE: Electronic damage

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I saw a surf-rock band, Man or Astro-man?, playing in a small night club.
At the end of their closing number, a small-medium-sized (~24" diameter
toroid) Tesla Coil was fired up on the small stage, in very close proximity
to all of the sound gear.  Perhaps they save it to the end just in case
anything _does_ toast, but it didn't.  Being a coiler and not knowing
anything about them using a coil in advance, it was a real surprise and a
treat!

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Anthony by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<firework-at-firework.co.nz>
<snip>
But has any one had a computer blown?  I realise that in a small garage
damage is easily done, but has any one ever run a coil on stage in a
theatre with all the lights and sound gear up and running?

Any one fried all the nearby cell phones or killed a walkman or blitzed the
lighting dimmers on the wall?

I see how damage is possible but does it occur easily in practice?

Interested to hear of your actual experiences in the matter as I am so out
of touch now.

Kind Regards     Anthony Lealand             Firework Professionals
Ltd          Web   www.firework.co.nz