Re: MOSFET/IGBT power supply?

Colin: your comments are quite correct, I do however wish to add a small bit
of councel. Past all rectifiers had in addition to capacitive filtering a
choke (coil) in series to protect the rectifiers from surge current. With
robusk solid state devices the size of the coil is reduced, but I still hold
to the consept of using a choke in serirs with rectifiers to protect them
from current surges. Protection is often cheeper than repair.
  Robert  H