RE: MOSFET/IGBT power supply (ripple)

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

The Cadillac of low ripple x-ray power supplies is a 12-pulse rectifier
supply. An x-ray service technician told me that the twelve diodes alone
cost over $2000. If one had three phase power, I wonder if a 12-pulse system
could be assembled using six mots, suitable diodes, and perhaps a smoothing
capacitor. But really there would probably be little advantage to using such
low ripple supplies for tesla coils, except for experimental coils from
which to take measurements.

Godfrey Loudner