Re: Tesla Coil Capacitors - Why build them?

Ben: a megawatt radar transmitter uses about the same current pulse as a TC
coil, but the current of the discharge is distributed across the pulse
forming network reducing the peak current of each capacitor in the network.
This increases the life of the capacitors. The cost of the pulse forming
network of even small pulse radar sustems is beyond the dreams of most TC
coilers. BUT the use of a PFN in place af a TC capacitor would be a good
experiment for some lab coiler with research $$$ to try. Home made PFN ???
75 capacitors at $2.60 x 3 banks = $585++ on the low end.
  Robert  H