Re: Hocky puck diodes for sale

Original poster: "syd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-playahearth-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz
> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <mailto:bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com><bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
>

>> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
>> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
>> <mailto:kreld-at-juno-dot-com><kreld-at-juno-dot-com> All  I have on hand 36 hocky puck
>> diodes, JAN 1N5600, up for grabs.  All are pull outs from a HV power
>> supply.  $250.00 for all, or $7.00 each. Let me know off list if anyone is
>> interested. Coiling in Oklahoma Kevin E.
>
> Hi Kevin... what are the ratings on this type    I cant find a 1N5600 in my
> cross reference book. Scot D The PRV on those is 5kv and the max continuous
> current is 2A. Microsemi makes them and the data sheet is at
> http://www.microsemi-dot-com/catalog/part.asp?id=3695

The good news is that they are easy to stack (they just thread together), and
that IS a good price on them assuming they've all been tested (I got burned on
an ebay lot of 1N5603s that were in a radar power supply. Some were good, but
most were shot. Then again... one can purchase 1kv 6A diodes for 25 cents a
piece   http://www.futurlec-dot-com/DiodesPower.html   and do a little soldering.

just a thought,

syd klinge