Re: LCR Meter

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 6/28/02 10:31:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>

> > Hi all,
> >   Does any one know where I can get a good LCR meter at a
> > reasonable price? I was looking at wavetek's LCR55.. it was
> > just a bit more than I was looking to spend.. ;)
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
> >
> > Coiling in Pittsburgh
> > Ben McMillen
> >

> Hi Ben,
> I have been happy with the L/C meter II/B from "Almost All Digital
Electronics"
> for about $100 wired, less as a kit. It measures directly in uf and NF,
Hy and
> mHy.I have found this to be one of the few instruments scaled for TC work.
> Also has a "match mode" which reads % Diff.
> Hope this helps,
> Matt D.

I just bought a Wavetek LCR55 and I'm very happy with it.  I also have a
small unit made for measuring the SWR of ham antenna's and with it you
can measure L and C at any freq from 1.5Mhz to 30Mhz.  I use it for very
small inductances.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com