Re: Flat spiral or helical primary?

Hi Ralph,

The first problem a solenoid primary will have is primary to secondary
arcing.  Get lots of plastic sheeting for insulation.  The second is that
the coupling may be too high.  However, you can move the primary and
secondary apart to control that.

Cone primaries give a little higher coupling which may be good or bad
depending on exactly how the coil is made.  Some people like the way the
inverted cone primaries look too.

Flat primaries usually give perfectly fine coupling and are easy to make.

Cheers,

	Terry