Re: strap primaries

"better" in what terms?  If you are trying to save weight (or cost) of
copper, or need a better structural form, etc. then strap is probably the
lowest RF resistance per unit weight or volume.

Corona problems come from the small radius of curvature on the edge of the
strap.  If you were using 1/8" copper bars, and round the edges, it's not
such a big issue, although, you'd have to watch the neighboring objects and
fields. At a radius of 1/16" inch, breakdown voltage around 71/16 or 4 kV.

Compare nominal 1/4" copper tubing (OD is actually 0.375"), for which the
breakdown field would occur at around 13kV.

But, since copper tubing comes from the store nicely bent in coils already,
it's a fast and easy manufacturing process.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>