Herrick's...Entertainment Machine

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com>

A word of caution to those who have obtained my schematics & who might be
contemplating using at least the MOSFET-driver H-bridges:  After a rash of
failures subsequent to my increasing the power of the Machine, I've come to
realize that each of the transistors of those bridges, including those in the
A5 pre-driver bridge, must have across its B:C junction a Schottky diode, to
keep it out of saturation.

I'm surprised that those transistors--albeit with some failures now &
again--have operated as long as they have without immediately failing.  Their
turn-off delays have resulted in big current-spikes through them.

Ken Herrick