RE: TC Secondary Currents - was ( Experimental Help - Terry?)

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

To explain the problem further, I regard the ohmic currents as
(a+j0)(streamers)and the reactive currents as (0+jb)(cap charging). When I
am getting streamers the current is (a+jb). Or is it (a+jo) and (0+jb) at
different times of the cycle? With utility currents I can separate the two
currents easily to find the power factor or I can find the power factor to
separate the two currents. With Tesla coils I have not been able to do this
because I have not determined how to measure the high secondary voltage with
the true phase relations with the (a+j0) or (0+jb) currents.

As I recall Terry was able to create scope curves showing both the current
and voltage, but the phase difference could not be used to find the separate
currents. I may be wrong in this assumption. It was also my understanding
that the displacement current could not be determined.

John Couture