Re: TSG Observations

In a message dated 3/4/02 10:19:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Hi Paul,

What's most likely happening is that when you use a static gap,
it's running at a higher breakrate than the TSG, and this is why
the static gap is giving you better performance.  To get the best
performance from the TSG, you'd need to use an even larger
tank capacitor to compensate for the lower (100 bps) breakrate.
(hopefully you'll still be able to quench it.)  Either that, or design
a TSG controller that can produce a higher breakrate, although it
may not give any advantage over the normal static gap.

Cheers,
John