RE: Interference-SSTC

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

If you have the mains neutral tied to the system ground, this is a serious
No-No.  Since the neutral is a current-carrying conductor, it will develop
a voltage drop along its length.  Depending upon its length and the amount
of current through it, there will be a considerable potential developed
between the neutral (at your TC), and true (3rd wire mains) ground.

Connecting the neutral to your TC ground is also a serious safety problem.
If the neutral wire should be broken or interrupted, your TC "ground" will
be at "hot" potential!

Gary Lau
MA, USA