RE: Primary Heating

Hi Peter,
          Nice try. I was also impressed by Bert's suggestion. That
one would have implied that the effective cross-sectional area of the
primary conductor was greatly reduced in the inner turns (as a result
of the magnetic fields interacting with the inner turns.
      Here's another thought for the mix: Perhaps the entire primary
is heating but the outer turns are being cooled more effectively by
their greater exposure to the air. I haven't observed this but will
look for it sometime. The idea would be to construct a primary with
considerably smaller copper than the norm so there is every chance it
will generate some heat.

Regards,
Malcolm

On 4 Mar 2002, at 20:50, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>