Re: Magnetic Rectifier??

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Vivek Babtiwale by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dr_vek-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Whoops,
>
>  I meant, what would you do if you couldn't use any
> diode? How would the circuit look like. It would be
> nice if you could use a magnetic rectifier to Full

	I have the same question.  I can see how it is possible (easy) to
generate a waveform with lots of even harmonics and hence a higher peak
voltage of one polarity or the other, but can't see how the waveform can
have an average value other than zero.  Are we missing something
Antonio???  Can you send us a sample circuit which rectifies in the
absence of diodes?

Ed

	As for rectifying the 150 kHz output of a TC, the low-frequency cores
commonly used for magamps won't work.  Also, you would need an enormous
cross section if you wanted to use a reasonable number of turns.  Also,
you would need to figure a way to insulate the windings for the full
voltage of the TC output.  Seems like a challenge, to say the least.

Ed