Re: TC Secondary Currents - was ( Experimental Help - Terry?)

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Hi Terry,

> Richard's simple challenge of displacement currents seems to have
> caught us without being able to provide experimental evidence.

Well, if you encourage cranks onto the list, you've got to deal with
them.

You won't be able to unequivocally demonstrate dD/dt by looking for
the resulting B between the plates of a cap.  Ampere's circuital
law means that the resulting field is indistinguishable from the
B field produced by the conduction current into the plates, at least
when in close proximity to the capacitor.

> I am grasping for the simple way out...

As I've already pointed out, if it were not for the term dD/dt
in Maxwell's equation Curl H = J + dD/dt, radio waves would not
exist.  The onus is on the cranks to explain EM wave propagation
(preferably to a physics forum, not us!) without this coupling term.

So, just measure the coupling between say two dipoles several
wavelengths apart, and show that it is vastly higher than you would
expect without the dD/dt term.

Getting on for 50% of the posts to the list at present seem to be
wasted on this subject.  Isn't it about time you wrapped it up,
because it won't go anywhere useful?  Nobody on this list is qualified
to rewrite basic physics.  Some of the postings are so inane that they
must surely be trolls.  Such incredible arrogance leaves me
gobsmacked:  I can't understand Maxwell's theory, therefore it must
be wrong!
--
Paul Nicholson