RE: Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Richard,

> Dave, different types of sensors and instruments have to be designed and
used for detection of these longitudinal waves.

I've been giving this a lot of thought.  This is why I read as much of
Tesla's writings as I could, as I know he dealt with this.  In Tesla's The
New Wireless article he clearly showed longitudinal waves could be received
in a series resonant circuit.  The longitudinal wave doesn't have any
voltage or current, but it still has a lot of energy.  This energy is in the
form of a compressed oscillation that has frequency.  This oscillating
energy can be caused to generate voltage and current in a series resonant
circuit through the action of the inductor and capacitor.

> Your sensor/detector must totally reject any EM signal.

Imagine the action of a slinky.  It is possible to make all the action
longitudinal.  But with all the longitudinal energy, even the slightest
input from a minutely varying vector will cause transverse waves to develop
in the oscillation.  And the transverse waves will grow in amplitude
according to the amount of energy in the oscillation.

Whatever the method is that can keep the longitudinal wave straight in a
detector, it will be a very tight set of conditions with almost no room for
deviation.  Certainly I am interested in developing a method for detecting
and utilizing longitudinal waves, but I would be just as happy at this point
to identify a stronger signal source with existing technology.

>A longitudinal wave in space will translate into voltage when it contacts a
metallic sensing device.
>These capacitive sensor/detectors open up a whole new area of experiment
and exploration.

Do you have a link for a particular device you have in mind?  I'd like to
look into this.

Dave