Poynting Vector Vortex Experiment

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

3/7/02

Hello list,

Quite a week!  Eh!

First I would like to thank our moderator, Terry, for the evenhandedness and
moderating skill he shows to all list participants.  We all appreciate him and
even if some don't post on the list perhaps each will occasionally send him a
private appreciation post.

A couple of quick comments then I'll post the address to the Poynting vortex
experiment.

I am an experimenter and trier of new ideas.  There are others on the list,
like Dave T., who think outside the "normal bounds" of Tesla coiling and
conduct experiments to try and verify their theories.  This frightens some
people who are terrified that something new may be discovered (rediscovered)
that challenges and completely destroys their long cherished belief system.
Usually these folks are quite rigid and inwardly have doubts about those
beliefs they so cling so tightly to.  Often times they act out in anger, say
unflattering things about others and generally try to try to impose their will
on all others and censor their thoughts and conduct.

I admit I started the controversy over Displacement Currents.  It was not for
the sake of sheer argument, but to start others to think and expand their
concepts of Tesla Coils and Electric Theory in general.  Displacement Current
was a fantasy invented by Maxwell to make his mathematical equations work
correctly.  It has never been proven experimentally although its proponents
swear it exist.  Proponents always manufacture a reason why it cannot be
measured in reality or it is explained away with another equation or theory.  I
do, however, encourage anyone interested to experiment and demonstrate
positively to the world that Displacement currents really exist.

As moderator for this list Terry is always right.  But, scientifically I take
issue with him regarding experimental burden of proof in the proof of a
theory.  When someone stakes out a theoretical claim (Maxwell included) the
experimental burden of proof is on that person to prove it..  Not on anyone
else.  It is not the burden of proof for others to scientifically dispute an
unproven theory.  It is not up to others to disprove a negative which is
logically impossible.  That's the way our science works, whether we agree or
not.

Are we trying to dismantle Maxwell's equations and EM theory in general?  No.
We are merely trying to point out their shortcomings and establish the fact
that they are but a subclass of a much larger and more inclusive electrical
theory.  Has anyone tried to apply them to electrostatics?  They fail
miserably.  This is not to say they are not useful, which they are.  Both EM
and electrostatics are both used enormously by man every day.  They will
continue to be useful.  A similar example is "Rocket Scientist" use centuries
old Newtonian mechanics to launch and land spacecraft all the time.  They
ignore Einstein's relativity, QED, Standard Theory, Quantum Mechanics, et
cetera.  So too, everyday EM theory will survive because it's useful.

But, there is a much more advanced Electrical Theory out there.  It does not
supplant, but enhances EM theory which is a subclass of this greater Electrical
Theory.  We did not invent this theory for it was devised over a century ago.
It's only being rediscovered.  Now even the thought of it is forbidden in
Electrical Engineering schools.  They will not be able to suppress this
knowledge forever.  The spread of this information especially over the Internet
is unstoppable and will eventually consume them.

What I simply propose is take a look at EM as a three dimensional entity rather
than in two dimensions.  Instead of just E and B there is always an attached S
vector.  All three oriented at right angles.  Just like the 3D space we live
in, they are always inextricably linked (and probably with inherent symmetry).
This additional coordinate in the system doesn't exclude common EM theory, but
vastly enhances it.  The SEB axes are not fixed in space.  They are quite
flexible and may describe a current in a conductor or its wave counterpart in a
dielectric or free space.  A very close analogy was the conundrum a little over
100 years ago facing early electrical pioneers as how to describe AC current
mathematically.  A very great mind stepped forward, Charles Proteus Steinmetz.
He alone devised a mathematical system using two coordinates and the complex
number system to solve this very "unsolvable" problem.&n!
bsp; Poynting also worked out the mathematics of an additional vector, S, in
relation to E and B.  He was ignored and forgotten.  I now propose we now
extend Steinmetz' original two coordinate system into a three coordinate system
in honor of Poynting.  The SEB system.

The web site of Rick Andersen is closed.  However, you may access Rick's
experiment regarding the Lorentz force (Poynting vector force) from the link
below.  The important thing is to realize the relationships of S = B x E are
universally there all the time.  You may be put off by the follow up plant
experiment.  I am not as I am interested in SEB effects on biologic organisms.
I plan to confirm his dimensional if they are correct.  If you don't have a
stack of magnets, insulate the outside of the metal can and wind a bunch of Cu
wire around the can.  I did.  The experiment is simple and only DC current is
used.  I know I will get a thousand explanations about how "this is only EM".
But, think about it and about the three right angled forces and it becomes
immediately apparent this is a three dimensional process.  The most important
thing is this is a real hands on experiment with important Tesla coil
implications.

<http://www.tricountyi-dot-net/~randerse/lfg.htm>http://www.tricountyi-dot-net/~ran
derse/lfg.htm .

Regards,