Re: TC Secondary Currents - was ( Experimental Help - Terry?)

>        Is it any wonder that when someone comes along preaching "You
don't need
> to understand this, it's all fake and a conspiracy anyway; any idea you think
> up is just as respectable, unless and until you prove yourself wrong.", that
> they will attract a following like a messiah? For those feeling "the world is
> to much with us," overwhelmed by future shock and alienated by
nano-technology
> and Quantum mechanics, harkening back to a simpler age when anyone with a
> little "common sense" could discover something useful, provides a comfortable
> home. And fringe science fills that gap. This is not to say that it is
the only
> attraction of TCs, or that it is escapism for everyone, but it is a strong
> magnet for those who feel technologi! cally disenfranchised.
>        I believe that this may also explain the resurgence in popularity of
> paganism, herbalism, homeopathy, magnetic talismans, crystal power,
> chiropractic, copper bracelets, Creationism, UFOs free energy, etc.; simple
> answers in a too complex world become an emotional necessity.
>         Some approach the Colorado Springs Notes with the fervor of a
> fundamentalist with the Dead Sea Scrolls. (All the Truth we ever need to know
> is here, if we just interpret it properly) Probably less than four percent of
> those with a firm opinion have the background to understand what they are
> really for or against, and so arguments over fly-specks on the parchment
go on
> and on. So it is with the writings of "St. Nikola."
>        I don't have any answer to this problem, but I think this may be one
> answer to question of why we have the problem.
>
> Yours in reason,
>
> Matt D.

	Good discussion, total agreement, and it will undoubtedly get some
outraged replies.  With regard to CSN, Richard Hull's book is a pretty
good exigys.  The care with which Tesla does many of his calculations is
worthy of note, and sure contrasts with some of the stuff he put out
later.  I would sure like to see his description of "longitudinal waves"
written in similar terms.

	Old saying goes something like "don't make things simpler than they
really are".

Ed