RE: longitudinal waves

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Matt,

>By parallel argument, we cannot rely on the diagrams in the earlier two
patents for nonexistent devices to define the configuration of the third
nonexistent device. We are left with the question of whether he contradicted
himself WITHIN patent 1119732 or BETWEEN patent 1119732 and patents 649621 &
645567. Since these all were patents for hypothetical machines which were
never saw actual service, we're back to a "How many angels can dance on the
head of a pin"-type discussion.

Wardencliffe was built.  There is no question about that.  It did briefly
operate, or at least a test run was performed.  This is documented.
According to Marc Seifer in his book, Wizard, pp 291-2, Tesla had fired up
the Wardencliffe tower just before Westinghouse's men arrived to take some
of the equipment.  He backs this up with an article in the New York Herald
Tribune, July 19, 1903 2:4 titled "Strange Lights at Tesla's Tower."

The verbal description leaves no doubt as to the construction of the tower
and its coils.  And recorded history leaves us no doubt that this coil
apparatus was built and at least partially operable.  And I will leave no
doubt that this coil configuration works as I'm finished with my new flat
spiral secondary and am now calculating the dimensions of the booster coil.
We'll see how well this setup works before too long.

Dave