Re: questions about powering the heater in a tube coil

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Hello all,

> I have a 12v regulated DC power supply that I would
> like to use to power the heaters in my tube coil.  Can
> I use this, or must i use a 12v AC transformer?

	Should work.  Not strictly necessary, but should
	work fine (Assuming its of correct current, etc...)

	Also, sometimes, stray RF works its way back to the
	filament.  to a common filament (usual term) supply
	this is irrelevant.  to a regulated supply, possible
	wierdities, or destruction may follow, if the RF
	gets loose in the regulator.  ALSO, if the RF gets
	into the regulator, it might cause undervoltage (poor
	performance) or overvoltage (destruction of filament...).

	I'd bypass the filament leads, with rf caps...

	best
	dwp