re:rf burns

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Marc,
>  Doing some google work on some of the suggestions
> yielded an interesting fact
> which probably explains why we don't feel high
> frequency voltages. The
> quote is
> from Electrical safety and anesthesia by M. Bourke
> at the University of Ottawa.
> It goes "At frequencies of 500,000 Hz, current only
> flows for about 1 msec,
> and
> this current could be buffered by the capacitance
> behaviour of the cell
> membrane. When the cycle is reversed, the
> capacitance of the cell is
> discharged. With this process continuing, there is
> no net change in
> transmembrane potential."
>
> Another quote from a medical physics book "First
> measurements of the
> electrical
> properties of cell membranes were made on red blood
> cells and it was found
> that
> membranes act as capacitors maintaining a potential
> difference between
> oppositely charged surfaces composed mainly of
> phospholipids with proteins
> embedded in them. A typical value of the capacitance
> per unit area is about
> 1uF
> per square cm for cell membranes."
>
> So I guess what the first quote is saying is that
> with high frequency currents
> the capacitance of the cell is high enough that it
> doesn't get charged up much
> by the quickly varying voltage and so the voltage
> across the cell doesn't
> change much and so we don't feel it.

---
Some 100+ years ago N.Tesla discovered a similar
effect using coils with a very loose copling but a
great Ep.He extended such research to the such point
that he could melt at will thick metal sticks with EM
energy pasing tru his chest and arms in connection
with arc paths.If you calculate rms curent tru his
body it would be more than enough to cause instant
burn death.However,he stayed uninjured ,and called
that experiment the most dangerous he had ever
conducted (before audience ).
Alpha,Betta and Gamma relaxation of human cells and
similar stuff are still topics under research today.

Regards,
Boris

P.S. DISCLAMER : not to play with this not even in dreams.