Re: Gap Losses (II) Re: Primary Heating

As I was thinking about primary heating and the responce "that current was
every where the same" I remenbered a arc/lightning problem that was similar
if I may digress to primaty heating. At the tracking site we had 9 ea 12ft
5/8 dia nickel tiped lightning rods attached to 1 sq mile of copper net
ground plane on top the mountain to the top of each antenna tower. My job
was to replace these rods after each storm. This was a mounthy project. The
rods were vaporived from 4 in above the mount up 3 ft of rod. In fact the
lower 4 in was not dammaged only 3 ft above that was gone.The  current is
assumed to be every where the same, but only the  rod above the  base were
vaporized not the threads base mount or top 2/3 length. All that remained
was  like new and useable at lower locations. If current in the primary coil
is every where the same why is only the lower terminal point hot and why
were the lightning rods smoked near the terminal point. I think there is a
common relationship with TC arc and lightning arc. In my mind current/time
can not be the same along the 5/8 pure copper rod or the primary copper tube
     Robert  H