From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 5:32 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Height Adjustment and Mutual Ind., JavaTC

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

(View with fixed width font)
Hi All,

Updated JavaTC to version 9.1.
John Couture caught an issue with the primary to secondary height
adjustment. Values were going negative and should not have. I've
rewritten this area of the program to more accurately reflect mutual
inductance with height adjustments.

This problem has been corrected. Mutual inductance will not go past zero
and follows the pattern in the ascii art below (as it should):

----|---Lp---|---- < max inductance position
    |        |\
    |        | \
    |        |  <-- area less than max
    |        | /
    |        |/<---- typical position of primary

                <---- if positioned low (or high) enough, mutual
                      inductance will eventually go down to 0
                      (as it should).

Height adjustments in JavaTC are pretty good for 8 inch of travel (4"
above or below) referencing the bottom secondary winding. This is
typical of most coils. The program will let you input any value you
like, however, accuracy starts falling off beyond +/- 4". I'll be
working on it.

Take care,
Bart
www.classictesla-dot-com