Re: Self Tuning Resonance Mosfet Half Bridge transformer

Original poster: "vladimiro mazzilli by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mazvla-at-iol.it>

Tesla list ha scritto:

> Original poster: "Sam Doughty by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sdman.sam-at-gte-dot-net>

> Where can I get info on building the Self Tuning Resonance Mosfet Half Bridge
> transformer? I found the schematic but no xfm building info, guys name was
> Mazzilli
> Vladimiros.
>
> Sam

Sam, there's no xformer,  the HB switches drive directly the primary coil.
The voltage fed
resonant converter throught the diac pulse, bring the sistem near resonance
of Lprim,Cres circuit
(the mosfet are driven by the current at the output of the center of HB).
The contribution of
secondary carried on primary inductance seems to be low because the weak
coupling coefficient,
but I've tried with several type of secondary an the operating frequency
changes in order to have
a solid flame in output and the object placed near the streamer seems to
have no effect on output
power, and is not necessary to retune the oscillator like the IC's driven
TC often require.

Cheers

Vladi