Re: stacking 1N4007

I haven't stacked 1n4007, but I have stacked lots of others... Use enough
diodes to make the total PIV at least 1.5 what you plan to run (say, a 15
kV NST, which is 21 kV peak, should have 30 kV of diodes in series...)

For modern diodes, all from the same lot, the Rs and Cs actually make
things worse...  That whole equalizing thing was back when there was a lot
of variability in the parts.  I think recent ARRL handbooks talk about this...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Huffman by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huffman-at-fnal.gov>