Re: Model T First Light - Take Two

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

David,
   I have two possible suggestions for improved output:  First use a regular
car battery(or marine battery for deep cycle) instead of the gel-filled type.
They are not meant for high current output and you may not be getting as much
charge to the caps as you could be.   Second,  doorknob caps may not be the
best choice for a primary cap.   You might want to make an MMC for it.   My
first coil was driven by an ingition coil and used a spdt relay as the buzzer.
I was getting at least 4 inch streamers off the coil and it was not designed as
well as yours.
Mike