Re: More voltage??

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

> If both inputs and outputs are paralleled and phased correctly, I think the
> resulting output of a 6/30 and a 9/30 will be "better" than that if two
> 6/30's were paralleled, but not as good as if two 9/30's were paralleled.
> Exactly what the resulting output voltage/current specs would be is not
> clear, but it is worth doing.
>
> Gary Lau
> MA, USA

	By calculation, at least, the unloaded output voltage of paralleled
6/30 and 9/30 NST's would be 7.5 kv.  (That's if you phase them
correctly, of course).  Under that condition current would be flowing
out of the 9 kV coil into the 6 kV coil, but since everything is
currently limited no problems.  The only way you could get 60 ma out of
the combination would be to short it (after all, the current rating is
for short circuit) or drive a capacitive load.  Bottom line is there's
no reason not to parallel them, and performance will be a bit better
than two 6/30's in parallel.

Ed