Eithernet Vs. Tesla Coil...

Hi All,

I was doing some major upgrading of my Tesla coil playrooms (like
laboratories :-)) this weekend.  Big clean up, electrical work, new lights,
(I can see now 8-)) and pulling more Eithernet.  Plus the fabulous new
LabCam in playroom #1 :o))

http://hot-streamer-dot-com:8080/

However, I noticed that several Eithernet ports on my LinkSys 5 pot hub
(EFAH05W) were mysteriously blown to bits!!    Mysteriously... These ports
were connected to long usually unconnected cables near the area were Tesla
coils are used....  hmmmmm....  Obviously a total coincidence... :o))  But
"me thinks" that Eithernet and Tesla coils may not mix well!!  The ports
seemed to just flicker and jump between the 10 and 100 Mbps modes without
ever making real contact.  I wonder if some type of termination connector
would help protect them?

So I got a new NetGear FS108 switch now with plenty of "extra" ports ;-) (a
real super nice switch too!!) so I should be set for a few more coil runs.
It should also speed up hot-streamer since it is a real hot doggy "switch"
instead of a "hub":

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/

I'll try to be sure to leave unused long cables disconnected which is easy
on this "front-loading" 33 activity LEDs Eithernet switch.

Hotstreamer also has a new Viewsonic VE150 LCD monitor now.  Only 30 watts
"if on" as opposed to my old 250 watt Viewsonic 7 monitor.  My niece
pointed out that I was paying $150 bucks a year to run that big old thing
24-7!!!  Also MUCH longer UPS operation now if I blow the main electrical
panel out of the wall :-))

Cheers,

	Terry