Re: MOT secondaries

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Ben

The heavy wires the filament winding for the magnetron.  The outer spade
  is one end of the HV secondary, the other is connected to the core,
which is connected to mains neutral.

Unless you're feeding a VTTC, snip the filament winding connections so
that they don't get in the way.

Your output is between the core and the single spade connector - this
being at around 2kVac with respect to ground.  (Due to grounded core.)

For more output voltage, use two transformers - primaries in parallel
(antiphase), cores connected with output on the two single spades.  More
than two transformers can be used in varying configurations and, of
course, voltage multiplier/level shifter circuits may be employed.

Take care with these - if NST's are lethal, these are lethal-lethal - up
to half an amp at 2kV...

Cheers

Matthew Smith

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>