Re: Eithernet Vs. Tesla Coil...

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

10/100 ethernet doesn't use terminators (thats for coax.)  blackbox-dot-com and
others have surge protectors.  i have a hub in my basement that occasionally
needs rebooted as it stops passing packets. seems to happen right after the
coil is run.(1700kw coil 15ft from hub)

I'd suggest either STP (shielded twisted pair) with only ONE end grounded
(prob at hub end) or multimode fiber(at $1-2usd/ft, yea right!)

if you use 100ohm term loopback plugs, the hub will partition the port.
and it will still try to reopen the port every second. heres the pinning
if you want to try it.  (1,2 tx+, tx-,  3,6 rx+, rx-)

or put a faraday around the hub and reroute the wiring while optionally
running it in grounded metal conduit.

have i helped any?
larry.