Re: 2 questions: SRSG & LTR Caps

Original poster: "Dave Leddon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <leddon1-at-llnl.gov>

Matt,

I think you need a larger cap.  My SRSG is similar to yours:
>1.     Salient pole motor 1/5 HP 3600 RPM
>2.     7"  2-electrode disk
>3.     10A 120 V Variac
>4.     50uf -at-330V Cap
>5.     51K-ohm resister across cap
>6.     5A fuse
With this setup I get 85 degrees of phase shift using about 85% of the
rotation of the
Variac control with a resonate voltage rise of 4 volts.

Dave