Re: Potting Diode Strings

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/18/02 7:42:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>     You can eaily dissolve holt melt glue in very hot paraffin (have a fire
> extinguisher handy and be very careful, but can be done) and the
> resultant mixture is a lot more rigid, doesn't shring as much, and looks
> a lot neater.  Unfortunately, it appears that the bubbles are just
> tinier than in paraffin, and insulation improvement isn't worth the
> bother.
>
> Ed

I have a question.  Why do we want to pot these diode strings?  Why not just
slip them in vinyl tube or pvc pipe?  Or are we wanting some heat sink action
from the potting material?

Ed Sonderman