Re: Potting Diode Strings

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Low density polyethylene can be cut into fine strips and stirred into
the
wax to give nice potting. Come to think of it, i bet that would work
well on flat coils.

Tesla list wrote:

> Hi have "heard" (but I don't "know") that adding Vaseline (probably mineral
> oil too) to paraffin wax greatly helps shrinking and cracking.  Depending
> on how much you add, you can make a solid or grease.
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry
>
> At 11:17 AM 3/18/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> >Parrafin wax is good as long as you plan for the shrink as it solidifies. If
> >you doint wou will have a void. You nead  POOL OF EXTRA TO contract into
> >your casting area.
> >   Robert  H
> >
> >> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> >> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:17:38 -0700
> >> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >> Subject: Potting Diode Strings
> >>
> >> Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"