Mot coil troubles :(

Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all

I recently put togeather a twin MOT supply for my
coil. (actualy, now im using a 4kv plate transformer
with the 2 mots wired as a ballast) I decided uppon
this system because it was too hard (expensive) to get
a good cap for my OBIT bank.

I thought that now all my problems were solved...
However, my coil is more pathetic than ever.  While it
looks nice, it dosent preform that well.  After i get
it in tune i can only get 20in max discharge.  I tried
a rotary gap, and got bad, almost no results.  Then i
tried an airblast gap, worked a little better but
still not great.  I think that the only problem is my
spark gap, but i dont know how to design one that will
work well at this voltage/power level.  If anyone
could help me out i would be most thankfull.

--Tom