Re: rotay spark gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tb3-at-att-dot-net>

Hmmm,

If you stop the rotor and line up the electrodes, does
the TC fire at a high rate with small bang size (tight
gaps) compared to your static gap, or is it slow and
erratic with big bang size (loose gaps).?  If it is
having trouble with the rotor not going, it will have
more trouble when spinning.

I typically make the gaps as close as possible.  Then
the srsg works at low power/voltage levels for tuning or
for slowly bringing it up to full power displays.

Your comment about it working when the motor slows down
implies that the phase may be set near the AC zero
crossings instead of the the AC peaks.  Did you try
adjusting the phase?

Terry Blake