Re: RSG adjustment

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/23/02 6:27:42 PM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I have a 1/2 HP motor in my RSG. I am currently building the John Freau
>  phase adjuster. I am planning on using 250 uF of capacitance. My proposed
>  solution to the self-braking problem is to use a double-pole switch to

Steve,
I'm about where you are at with a SRSG and John's phase controller. I'm
wondering if you calculated the capacitance value, and if so, how? John used
a 1/20th HP motor for his
SRSG. I am also using a 1/2 HP motor and getting a good voltage rise with 60
uF.
No sign of self-braking problems. The motor run caps are in multiples of 12
uF. I have one cap of 48 uF in parallel with 12 uF. The phase controller will
also work at 48 uF so
unless you calculated the value, 250 uF seems kinda high. Don't forget the
bleeder.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman