Re: Why the TCBOR gap?

Hi Jim,

I don't fall into the ranks of those that think the TCBOR gap is a poor
performer. I
find my gap to be good performer. Granted, for high power, I run my
rotarys, but when it
comes to plug n' play, I'll take the TCBOR style gaps over conventional
static gaps.

I personally don't like using copper segments for the electrodes due to
wear and tear
from previous gap routines, so I varied the design a little by using copper
segments
only as adjustment supports and cooling fins, and mounted tungsten rod for
the actual
electrodes (because their on studs, I can adjust each gap as desired).
Here's a photo:

Inside
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/photos/tgk/302.jpg

Outside
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/photos/tgk/tgk91.jpg

Dont' be fooled by the wide spacing (this photo was from running a JT
zero-crossing
circuit). I have run the gap at moderate power levels (~ 80") and it's
performed
flawlessly, however, I don't do long runs (my wife won't let me) and can't
comment on
performance over time.

Take care,
Bart