Re: Ignition Transformer

Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

My first TC was built around a 10KV 23mA fuel oil furnace
transformer.  It worked really well until I got stupid and
cut the secondary coil in half to make a tertiary coil.
 OOPS.  The Ignition transformer is still working, but the
coil is dead now.  They are very sturdy and easy to set
up, and usually much cheaper than Neon Sign Trannies or
Pole Pigs.

Hope it helps

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:22:21 -0700
  "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dlynch-at-reyercorp-dot-com>
>
>Hello,
>
>Is there any drawbacks with using an ignition
>transformer,
>10KV/23mA?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Don

For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit <http://www.tfaw-dot-com/?qt=wmf>