Re: Just starting out

Original poster: "William R. Langston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <blangsto-at-iwvisp-dot-com>

Dear Tech,

I am away from home, on a laptop with few links saved, but, go to the
pupman archives. Searching there will
have more than you could gather on your own in a life time. Just read
carefully and you can pretty easily
cull the useful from the less useful material.

About being sheepish on the list, if you are a pretty good tech, then you
sure do not need to feel second
rate here. If you have been on the job for long, you surely will  have
figured out how often engineers and
physicists are pulled out of the "fire" so to speak. Few there are that can
remember "everything," and, at
least in my experience, any scientist or engineer whose been out of school
very long at all, and who is
worth having in a lab already knows the value of making good relationships
with two really important groups
of people: 1. the techs, 2. the administrative assistants ;-)

Bill L.

<Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>