fasthenry and the coilgen preprocessor

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

It occurred to me last night that the fasthenry program might be of use
to coilers.  We use this program at work (although I do not) for
simulating square flat and round spirals on semiconductors. It is very
accurate if you know what you are doing.  But evidently, it can do any
wierd (or normal) geometry that you want, as it is a type of iterative
field solver.  Find it at
http://rle-vlsi.mit.edu/people/matt/fasthenry/

I also found a preprocessor for it at:
http://www.qsl-dot-net/in3otd/programs.html

Today at work I am going to experiment with it if I can compile it on
Cygwin.  I have given up using my ASAP program as I am violating the
thin wire approx of the kernel, on closely wound coils.  One of the
rules of the thin wire approx is that a segment can't be less than
several wire radii from a neighbor. I sort of knew that before-hand, but
wanted to at least try it and see what happened.

Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com