Re: Hooking up caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/1/02 8:36:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>
>
> Hi all,
> I was just doing some reading on hooking up two caps in parallel. One
> article referred to making sure you connected positive to positive and
> negative to negative.
> This may sound moronic but even my big dollar commercial cap has no
> markings of positive and negative. How would one determine this?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
> http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/Tesla.html

Hi Jim,
         Your cap is fine. Only caps for DC use are polarized. Often use is in
a DC power supply, mostly to remove AC ripple noise. They have no place in a TC
tank.  If a cap is marked + and - don't use it unless you like being showered
in boiling electrolyte.
Matt D.
G5-#12
<http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org>http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org