RE: Malfunctioning MOT

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Never, EVER measure the output of an MOT with a multimeter!! You will
destroy your meter and end up KILLING yourself in the process! Many MOT's
run 2400 VAC at 500mA+....some of the bigger Industrial MOT's can output
2500 VAC at 980mA - 1 AMP short curcuit!

YOU WILL DIE IF YOU FOOL AROUND WITH THESE TRANSFORMERS!

It is safer to reverse input your MOT, by hooking the 120VAC line to your
secondary and core and measure the voltage output.

ie/ If I run 120 VAC into MOT secondary I get 6 VAC output on primary.
thats a 20X transformer!
I take 20 and X 120 VAC which = 2400 VAC
...u must measure the line voltage...its not always running at 120VAC!

MOT's are NOT FOR BEGINNERS*** and if you are just starting out go for
something like an OBIT or a neon sign transformer, that way your not as
likely going to die if touch the output terminals by mistake.