RE: Re: hvguy-dot-com new flyback driver/ferrite core cylindrical coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Just for kicks, I put a 8 or 10" ferrite rod antenna (#61 material I
believe) inside my small 2Mhz coil.  I think I drove the resonant freq so
low, that I couldn't find it.  I need to take another look at it again some
time. But thats another alternative to a home built flyback.  As long as
the material is not too lossy, it should dramatically increase the Q, since
Rs remains constant.  The #77 material would be better, but I don't think
they make rods of it, and its conductive.  Gluing a bunch of toroids
together would be a better idea, as they are much cheaper.  Rob.