RE: flat coil ?

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Paul and Chris,

I have wound my conical primary on top of the flat spiral.  Paul, are you
saying the coupling will be better under the coil rather than on top?  Here
is a page with a picture of my flat spiral and solenoid combination with a
conical primary.

http://www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com/tesla_magnifier_1.htm

I will put the primary under the flat spiral and see if that changes the
dynamics of the coil.  I can see how it would if the solenoid and conical
primary are working against each other.

Dave