RE: Re: hvguy-dot-com new flyback driver

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

With MosFETS, you use a low value resistor to ground, like 10 or 20 ohms.
That quickly gets the charge out of the gate, and makes it harder for the
Cgd to pull on the gate. My experience with MosFET driven flybacks was that
they produced lower voltage but higher current on the secondary.  Thus the
arcs were shorter but more intense.  I don't think I ever tried the L-C
circuit on a FET.

This weekend I am going to try to make a PSpice schematic of my old npn
circuit, then I can email it to whoever wants it.  But I can only estimate
the values of the L-C circuit on the base.  Rob.