Re: Keeping up with the theory (was is Corum and Corumforbidden topic?)

Hi Ray,

For curve fitted equations, the big data base below should be very useful!

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/vsd/

Paul has done this for bare coils at:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/formulae.html

Cheers,

        Terry

At 11:59 PM 5/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:

> No one, so far, has convinced me that a project to come up with a general
> equation
> for the calculation of parasitic capacitance of a solenoid would not be worth
> while.  The
> limitation on precision and accuracy should be the ability to readily measure
> dimensions
> and not on the math.  Any such equation, set of equations, or procedure
> should be usable
> by any one on the list who has a computer.  Why any one building a coil would
> want to do so is beyond me.  It seems to be a mountain that is there and  has
> not been climbed.
>
> This seems to be getting a bit far from coiling,  I would be glad to continue
> this
> discussion off list.
>
> Best
> Ray
>

> Tesla list wrote:
>>

>> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
>> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mailto:evp-at-pacbell-dot-net><evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>